“What is the address for mailing payments?”

Pawtucket Water Supply Board, PO Box 1111, Providence, RI 02901-1111

“There is water bubbling out of ground. What should I do?”

Call immediately at this number - 401-729-5005, to report what you're experiencing.

“My water is discolored. What can I do?”

Let your cold water run for a few minutes until it clears up. If it does not clear up after a few minutes call customer service at 401-729-9050.

“I have low water pressure. Can you help?”

Call the Meter department at 729-5019.

“How do I get water service?”

You can get water service by downloading and submitting an application, or call the Meter department at 401-729-5019.

“How many water bills do I receive each year?”

You are currently receiving 12 monthly bills.

“How do I check for leaks?”

Your meter is located in your basement. On your meter face is a red triangle. If no water is being used, your triangle will be still. If the red triangle is rotating, then water is being drawn from some where in your building. Then check each plumbing fixture until you find the one that is running.

“What method of payments do you accept?”

We accept cash, checks and money orders. Payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express can be made through our website. Only cash, money orders and credit cards payment are accepted for shut-offs.

“I was recently married/divorced. How do I update the name on my account?”

You can indicate the change on the back of your bill. Or call our customer service department at 401-729-9050.

“How can I change my mailing address?”

You can indicate the change on the back of your bill. Or call our customer service department at 401-729-9050.

“What should I do if my pipes freeze?”

When your pipes freeze you should heat them slowly with an electric heater,  heat lamp or hair dryer. Make sure there are no leaks after defrosting.

“Can I obtain a bill history?”

Call our customer service department at 401-729-9050.

“Why is my bill estimated?”

Your bill is usually estimated when something has gone wrong with either the meter or eletronic reader. Call our meter department for assistance at 401-729-5018.

“What water pipes am I responsible for fixing?”

With the exception of the water meter itself, all pipes, valves and fixtures from the sidewalk into and including the building, is the responsibility of the building owner.

“If I have a leak & have that insurance (Safety Valve) what do I have to do to get it fixed?”

You can contact us at 401-729-5005 for assistance.

“How can I find out information about my water service connection?”

If you would like to find out information regarding your water service connection you can call the PWSB Engineering office at 401-729-5015. Over the phone we can provide you with information including age, date of installation, size, material and approximate location. Please note: The PWSB only owns and is responsible for the portion of the service connection located within the public right-of-way. Any and all piping located on private property is the sole responsibility of the home/property owner.

“I will be digging in my yard and would like to know where my water service pipe is located. How can I get the PWSB to mark/locate it for me?”

Any time you dig in your yard, or any location within 100’ of a public utility, you are required by Rhode Island State Law to first call Dig Safe at 1-888-DIG-SAFE (1-800-344-7833). Dig Safe is a free, fast, and easy way to notify local utilities of your intension to dig. Within 72 hours of your call to Dig Safe all participating utilities, including the PWSB, will mark on the sidewalk the location of your utility connections. If you would like more information regarding the Dig Safe system, you can call Dig Safe at 1-888-DIG-SAFE, or visit digsafe.com.