for billings or closings 401-729-9050
Poster Contest Rules
Any student in grades K-12 in the cities of Pawtucket, Central Falls and the Town of Cumberland may participate, including public, private and home-schooled students. Students, related to employees of the Pawtucket Water Supply Board, are not eligible.
Entries will be selected from the following divisions:
- Kindergarten - Grade 3
- Grades 4 - 8
- Grades 9 – 12
All entries must include:
- Student's name
- Teacher's name
- Phone number
- Artwork must include a brief description of the piece
- One entry per student
- Students must work on posters individually. A poster created by 1 or more students will be disqualified
- Drawings must be drawn horizontally ( landscape) on plain white 8.5 X 11 papers. Students may use any medium except pencil. No lined or notebook paper.
- Only original work will be accepted. No computer generated drawings will be considered
- Students may illustrate their favorite water conservation theme. Themes such as, but not limited to, reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Record on the back of the artwork your name, address and phone number.
- Winning entries will be scanned for publication so no three-dimensional art or decorations.
- Do not fold artwork - the crease will show when scanned.
- Posters Will Not Be Returned and Will Remain Property of PWSB
- Winners will be declared on January 11, 2011.
K - Grade 3 division
Grades 4 - 8 division
(iPod nano 16 GB MP3 Player)
Grades 9 - 12 division
(Kodak M590 Digital Camera)
Water Department Staff will judge posters. Judging will be based on 5 criteria:
- Water Conservation Message
- Visual Effectiveness
Contest winners will be notified of the final results. Winners will be presented their prizes at the January 11, 2011 Pawtucket Water Supply Board meeting.
Mail or hand deliver completed entries to:Pawtucket Water Supply Board
85 Branch St
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Questions? Call Joanne McIntyre at 401-729-5002.